Usal Redwood Forest Management Plan
and Monitoring Reports
RFFI manages the 49,767 acre Usal Forest through our subsidiary, the Usal Redwood Forest Company (URFC). URFC's forest management plan complies with the conditions of our 2011 conservation easement, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standards, and the policies of the RFFI Board of Directors.
Visit the pages below to learn about our Usal Forest Management Plan, Conservation Easement, and forest monitoring reports:
- Usal Redwood Forest Management Plan
- A living document that articulates RFFI's policies and practices for managing the Usal Forest.
- Usal Redwood Forest Conservation Easement
- A summary of the terms and conditions of this easement, currently held by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Prevention (CalFire).
- Usal Redwood Forest Monitoring Reports
- Internal and external reports, updated regularly, that compare observed conditions in the Usal Forest to previous baseline conditions, allowing RFFI to report compliance with laws and regulations, detect trends, assess current management practices and identify opportunities in the future.
On each web page, you will find a link that will allow you to provide guidance and insight about our forest management plans and practices.